A NETWORK TO PROTECT OUR RIGHTS
The Legal Resistance Network is a community of lawyers who have agreed to offer free services to protect people’s constitutional rights, fight bigoted policies, and battle public corruption during the Trump Administration. Members of the Legal Resistance Network have notified The Committees they are willing to offer their services in the following areas:
1. Helping people facing limits on travel due to their race, religion, or national origin.
2. Defending journalists facing criminal charges for reporting leaked information or facing civil libel charges for reporting on public figures.
3. Advising elected representatives seeking to draft laws to protect people’s rights in their communities.
4. Defending those facing or who have assisted those facing unconstitutional mass deportation.
5. Protecting people victimized by racial profiling.
6. Pursuing civil actions on behalf of victims of hate crimes.
7. Assisting nonprofits in bringing cases to prevent the enactment of bigoted legislation and to prevent members of the Trump Administration from engaging in corrupt practices.
If you need help protecting your rights or if you are seeking to challenge a corrupt or bigoted government policy, use the resources below to get in touch with an attorney to help you. If you are an attorney that wants to join the Legal Resistance Network, you can use the form at the bottom of the page to get in touch with The Committees.